A phrase uttered by many divas.
Ever had a day where you were super excited to go out (whether with your friends, family or even alone) and you had nothing to wear?
I would be surprised if you haven't. I know I have, one TOO many times!
And the worst part of it all is when you have multiple items of clothing that all of a sudden have lost fashion value in your eyes, have been worn in 3 consecutive outings (yes, that new top you bought is tired of being worn as your only cool top), or just misalign with the purpose of the outing (like a fancy work-meeting top when you are only going to the park).
Well, as someone who is extremely well-versed in this department, here are some top tips to help you find hidden gems in your wardrobe so you can never have an emergency I-have-all-these-clothes-but-nothing-to-wear day AGAIN!
After all, we all want to be like her:
No. 1 - The shirts you have are gold; you just haven't seen it yet!
Yes, I mean it.
Those flannel shirts, button-up shirts, oversized shirts, short-sleeve button-up shirts...all of them. By the time you've tried these tips, they will become new shirts that you never thought you had - they have so much potential.
Pins are magic!
Fun patterns aren't the only way to jazz up your look- interesting silhouettes provide a classy or edgy touch to a casual outfit!
I know that a lot of us don't have time to be sewing or even cutting shirts, so here are some no-sew-or-cut ideas that will help transform your shirts!
Style no.1 (asymmetrical shirt): You need 1 safety pin and optional ribbons. Hook your safety pin (without closing) on the side hem of your shirt. Leave the shirt unbuttoned. Then grab approx. the middle button of your shirt and attach the safety pin to connect the side of your shirt to the button. This should create a zig-zag like shape of your shirt. Then button the shirt fully to make it seem like the shirt is shaped this way! Decorate with ribbons if you wish, or any fun clips.
Its that simple!
Style no.2 (the snatched shirt): You need 2 pins and some sort of string/long ribbon (even better if its stretchy). Flip your shirt inside out. Attach each safety pin on each side hem of your shirt - at around waist level. Grab your ribbon and feed it through both pins, and tie it loosely. Flip your shirt back, and put it on. Adjust the tightness of the string, and it can be a baggy fit, or completely fitted - your choice!
Style no.3 (the indiscreet snatched shirt): Do the same instructions as style no.2, but this time, do not flip your shirt inside out. Ideally use ribbon to make a fun bow - this makes it more funky!
No.2 - Layers, Layers, Layers....
Layering is an art that took me a while to master - yes its worth that much drama
Style 1:
Skirts over Pants. Need I say more? And the longer/Layered the Skirt the better. You could try a burgundy tartan skirt over indigo flared jeans (pink pantheress themed)
Style 2:
perhaps you could go for shirt layering situation - Im talking henley tops over brightly coloured vests, or even an unironed (yes life gets like that sometimess) shirt with a closed buttoned cardigan ontop situation:
No. 3 - Fun Jewellery!
My favourite part :D
Now - I can hear you saying "isn't Jewellery expensive?".
It can be. HOWEVER, we now have so much access to thrifting as well as the fun of making our OWN jewellery!
No. 1 - Rings
Rings are the most underrated indicator of an aesthetic - they can transform a basic outfit into something alt, or make it whimsical in just an instant. I personally like to layer them to be a range of sizes and colours - putting the largest/flashiest on my middle finger to be in the spotlight!
No. 2 - Necklaces (So easy to layer by the way)
These are fantastic for when I like to pretend im in Pride and Prejudice and have priceless jewellery around my neck - OR Even to just add glimmer to a plain shirt. To layer them, you can clasp them on each other - but importantly, pick 3 (one small, one medium with light charms and one large with either a pendant, or bigger charms).
No. 3 - Earrings (My favourite part)
I LOVE HOOP EARRINGS. Bamboo style, the signature silver skinny hoops, mini hoops; the whole lot. They are so chic and really do spice up outfits. I'm even convinced they can make your makeup look cuter, or even substitute makeup as a whole. They aer jsut such an effortless way of showing "hey I am cool even to the smallest details". They are just so tea, I don't have to explain further just look at these baddies (ITS SO EFFORTLESS I LOVE ITTT):
This was just a small overview of how to find treasure in your already existing closet - I'm gonna do seasonal versions of these and do studies of different aesthetics. But, I hope you feel inspired, divas. Fashion is so accessible!! Lots of love,
Iris Locket <33
No comments:
Post a Comment